Monday, October 21, 2013

My Sincerest Apologies

I'm a terrible blogger.

But I will say, it's less than a month since my last post and I think that's progress.

Anyway, I bought something.

It's something I've been hemming and hawing about for a long while. I've debated whether getting this particular product or it's higher end "dupe" (I'm not entirely sure they're dupes, but I think I've read it somewhere).

Revlon Colorstay Foundatoin - Golden Caramel
Retail: $9.98 (Walmart)

Yeeesssss. It was either this or MUFE Mat Velvet +. Which let's be honest, I'll probably buy that at some point.

Oh and before I move on, one of the biggest hangups I had about buying this particular foundation is shade. Because it's the drugstore there's no one to help you find your shade and there's no testers available it's really difficult to find what will match your skin. Especially if you're a new to makeup like I am and haven't yet mastered the shade finding skills or whatever.

And that was quickly rectified by an AMAZING website. And since I'm a new and practically unknown blogger, you know my opinion is real. My sister actually introduced it to me and let me tell you. I was a little skeptical. But I checked it out anyway. And am I glad I did.

It's called Findation.

So if you click that lovely little link above, then you'll be taken to the website and after you clicked the "Get Started" button, you'll be taken to another page.

So then there are three columns: brand, product and shade. And then you enter your favorite foundations and the respective shades in the boxes. The more, the better. Because it supposedly uses some type of formula that cross-references stuff and loads of other scientific and smart things to find you the perfect shade for you in other foundations.

So, for example...

I entered three foundations I know are in the right shade for me because I got them tested at Sephora.

MUFE Mat Velvet +   ~  No. 60 Honey Beige
Sephora Perfecting Cover  ~  Tan 35 Bronze
LM Mineral Powder SPF 15  ~  Pure Honey

Then after entering however many foundation and shades (remember, the more the better), click on the "Find my matches" button.

Then it brings you to a page where a bunch of foundation and respective shades are presented to you in grid form.

Now I mentioned earlier that I only entered three foundations. I do have a few more products I bought from Sephora that have shades. So I left out a few products as sort of a way to check the validity of this site.

MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation  ~  168 Golden Camel?

Yes.

MAC MSF Natural  ~  Give Me Sun!?

Spot on.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hr Full Coverage Foundation  ~  Deep?

Um... Yes.

Now that this website has proved to me that it knows what it's doing, I look at the other suggested foundations and put it down in my notepad for future reference.

Basically this is what I've been looking for my entire life. Now I can walk into Ulta or Sephora or wherever and confidently find my shade.

But back to my original point. My hangups about buying Revlon.

My next hangup was whether or not my skin would react to it. My skin is pretty temperamental when it comes to products. I think I mentioned the terrible "Cetaphil incident" in a previous post. So after that experience I'm doubly concerned about my skin's reactivity. But my sister had tried this foundation a few months prior because she needed it for her 8th grade play and because her skin is a lot more sensitive than mine, I generally use that as a gauge for whether I'll have a reaction. Because if she has a reaction, then chances are I'll have a reaction as well. And since she didn't have any sort of reaction (and the coverage was fabulous) I counted it as a contender.

Also only recently have I been concerned about breaking out because of it. I read and heard that it was hard to get off without a Clarisonic. That concerned me.

But then I realized that all the people who wrote about and talked about it in videos didn't use a makeup wipe prior to washing their face off. Which I think is just weird.

Since I've bought it, I've worn it twice and I like it. A lot.

Because recently my skin has been acting up. All the pimples I've been having are leaving the skin discolored. Now I'm riddled with hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks. Not only that but I've got active breakouts on my chin and between my eyebrows.

I mean... WHAT?!

I used to have one or two at a single time, now I have four. FOUR!

I think it's the cows milk. I read that cows milk can cause acne and I think that's the problem. Because during the summer I was drinking almond milk, it was a fascination and I do actually love the vanilla flavored one. But recently I went back to using cows milk because it was a hassle to have two different milk containers in the fridge (especially now since we have a water pitcher because our dispenser is broken). And now, probably two months after starting cows milk again I've gotten acne and in places I've never had then before.

Pimples were usually only on my chin and forehead, which made sense because that's where the most oil was produced. Now, I'm getting them under my eyebrows and on my cheeks. It saddens me that I've gone my entire adolescence with relatively decent skin (minus a few spots here and there) only to enter adulthood and be slapped in the face by adult acne. Or at least that's what I think this could be attributed to. Apart from the cows milk that is.

Anywho... my back hurts now, my fingers are starting to cramp and the video I was listening to just ended and there's no sound coming from these earphones. Blah.

I'm done now.

Bye.

Note: I haven't the energy or will power to re-read this post. So if anything is spelt wrong or could be worded better, but imagine it a different way. Be creative. I'm only human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment