Friday, September 6, 2013

Well, hello....

It's been a while since I've posted something. To be honest, at least months haven't passed before I realized I haven't written something.

But to be fair, I have wanted to write something on here. Initially, I've wanted to write something on here during my first day of school because on that particular day I had a two-hour break between my classes, so I knew I was going to bring my laptop with me.

I had decided before that day I was going to spend my break writing a post.

As you can see, that didn't happen.

I completely forgot. It wasn't on my mind and instead in just spent the break watching YouTube videos.

What a disappointment.

It has been pretty busy though, getting used to my classes, finding people to talk to in my classes, you know, the usual for the start of school.

I don't really feel like talking about classes. I don't want to jinx anything or start crying, so we'll just avoid the topic all together.

But in recent news, I am desperate to try the DevaCurl line. Particularly the 3-step process.

I watched practically all the videos pertaining to this subject and let me just say, I love Lorraine Massey. Her curls look amazing, SO defined and practically frizz-free.

I'm jealous.

And in all the clips I've seen from the DevaChan channel, I'm extremely jealous of all the curls. I want those perfect defined frizz-free practically glossy curls. *drool*

I want them.

I honestly want to buy the big bottles because I want to give it a solid month for my hair to get used to it and show results. Because for anything new, particularly skincare and haircare, I want to give it a solid 30 days for my skin and hair to get used to it.

I don't want to get the salon size, which I think is 32 ounces, because that'd be a bit too much. But there is a medium size, 12 ounces I think, is the one I want.

But it's $18.95. $18.95! For one bottle.

What? *sigh*

So I've resigned myself to buying the trial size because that's about $29.95 for a 3 oz bottle of No Poo, One Condition, AnGEL, and Set It Free. I think that'll work out. I am a little concerned that the little 3 oz bottle won't last me longer than one, maybe two showers. But if I really like it, maybe I'll buy the 12 oz if I really like it. Then I can buy bigger bottles of the rest when they run out. Which I think will be the best, in regards to my wallet.

I mean I just spent a good $50 on a pair of boots, so I'm trying to stay away from buying things that can wait. Recently, I've been buying things that I really need.

But I mean it's my hair. I don't know about you, but I can openly admit, I'm a smidgen vain. I like to look nice. It's imperative to my leaving the house.


For example, I'm fortunate enough to have relatively good skin. Don't get my wrong, I get blemishes like everybody else and the skin on my face is a little discolored, but it's nothing to cry over. But if I had pimples all over my face, my sister calls it pizza face (rude, I know), I honestly don't think I could go out without having some sort of mask on my face. Be it makeup or a ski mask. I don't want people to see that when they look at me. No thank you.

Like I said, vain.

I think without a doubt Filipinos as a culture are vain people. I mean all the ladies spend boatloads of money coloring their hair (hiding the grey) and buying the latest accessories (read: name brand).

Now, I'm not going deny the fact that I also love getting these "name brand" pieces. But a lot of these older Filipino ladies like getting the bags with the logo on it. Like the bags with the C's (Coach) or LV (Louis Vuitton), things like that. I like those brands as well, but I prefer the solid color leather bags, I like my bags simple and versatile, so that I can wear them with any outfit as well as last me for years to come. I mean if someone asks me what bag I'm carrying, I'll gladly tell them, but I don't want them to know exactly where my bag is from just by looking at it.

But that's just me.

Also, I don't understand why anyone would want sneakers from these "name brands." They're going to get dirty anyway, so why spend so much money on a sneaker.

I'll stick to my converse and Nike's, thanks.

I'm digressing. A lot.

But yes. Vanity.

I'm lusting after the DevaCurl Starter Kit, which has 12 oz bottles of No Poo and One Condition, a 3 oz bottle of I think Light Defining Gel, 4 or 6 DevaClips, and the DevaCurl microfiber towel.

Lusting after it.

I desperately want it in my life.

Well... that just about concludes this post.

Until next time!
     Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment