Friday, September 6, 2013

WHAT?!

I just found out that Dakota Fanning will be taking the female lead in Fifty Shades of Gray. 

WHAT?!!???!! 

I'm upset. 

A movie is all about the actors. Most of the time, a movie will appeal to an audience based on its cast. 

Especially for book adaptations. 

Now, I understand that everyone has their own opinions of how characters look, so therefore not everyone can be pleased. But this isn't just preference. 

Unless Miss Dakota Fanning has some sort of miraculous makeover, I cannot picture her as a submissive (yes I read the books, don't judge). She looks the same, I feel like she doesn't look old enough for this role. 

I mean, why? 

And the male lead. Charlie Hunnam, is it? 

Never heard of him. I had to look him up. 

He's apparently from Sons of Anarchy

I find myself greatly disappointed in the casting of this adaptation. Did the author really find these two as perfect for these roles?!

Was she high that day on set? 

I was excited to see how they were going to make the series into a movie, because their relationship revolved mainly around the BDSM concept and how it matures and evolves into a deep connection. I was initially interested in how they were going to explore the storyline. 

Now I'm not so excited. Not at all. 

I heard rumors of Matt Bomer and Alexis Bledel. Now that was a pairing I was interested in and I found myself crossing my fingers that that would be true and they'd be cast. 

I was wrong and oh so disappointed. 

*sigh* 

It's a sad day when a casting of a movie I look forward to is so disappointing. 

I can't even bring myself to properly end this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment