Sunday, January 6, 2013

Whoops

6 days into the month and I already forgot to write a post for three days. Whoops. I actually remembered that I hadn't written a post for three days yesterday, but it was late and I had to sleep because I had early mass today.

Anywho, nothing interesting happening on my front. I bought a couple things from B&BW, there was an offer I couldn't refuse (3 minis for $10: talk about a steal). Oh and in other news, we tried a new restaurant. The Rodizio Grill. It's a Brazilian restaurant, and from my understanding is served the same way. I've been to three Brazilian restaurants so far--one was really bad looking and was a horrible restaurant--and they all serve in a similar fashion. They give you this red and green wooden thing and when it's flipped on the green side, the servers all come around with the meats and other foods on skewer-looking things and offer you slices of the food. And when you flip it on the red side, they won't serve you anything: you could be finishing up what's on your plate or maybe you're trying out the salad and appetizers. It's all delicious, but my ABSOLUTE favorite is the top sirloin. It's juicy and delicious and there's this layer of fat the surrounds it that just has the crispiest and most delicious skin/top I have ever tasted. It's literally melt in your mouth. I had like 6 or 7 slices of that. It was so good. There was also a glazed grilled pineapple. Now, admittedly, I'm not a fan of pineapple, but when they served it to me, it was super juicy--once you bit into it all the juices literally flowed out of it--and it was incredibly sweet. I had to ask for another slice. There was unlimited appetizers (with the menu option we took) and there was fried bananas that were incredibly sweet, fried polenta (in the shape of fries) that we cheesy and delicious when paired with any of the meats, and some type of cheesy bread that kinds tastes like toast with melted cheese on it that's burned a little. It was all so so so so so so so so sooooooooo good.

Also with the wooden block, there's a yellow strip between the green and red and if you turn it sideways that means you're done with the meat and the main course and you're ready to eat dessert. I had the creme brulee that was infused with orange (orgasmic), my sister got some cinnamon pastry dessert with caramel creme filling and caramel icing on the side (delicious) and my mom got some ice cream dessert with mango preserves all throughout. All in all, it was an amazing lunch. They offer more at dinner, so my dad says we'll have to go back durning the dinner hours so we can sample all the food available at the restaurant. I'm already excited for our next visit.

I hope this rather lengthy post will make up for the fact that I hadn't posted anything for three days.

Toodle-loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment